Before use of Big-Bags it is recommended to familiarize yourself with service instructions that allow not only prolong the service life of soft containers, but also reduce costs during the storage and and transportation of bulk goods.
1. To maintain the integrity of the container it is necessary to ensure the degree of safety 5:1. In this case, short-term overloads and jerks are considered acceptable. However, you shall not defy the slinging rules. Abidance by such rules will help to avoid loads upon container units and breakage of slings (loops).
2. Containers shall be installed vertically, precisely and closely toward one another, inclusive of during stacking-up. Otherwise there will be a high risk of tipping over and spillage of bulk materials.
3. During the transportation of container with goods the loader shall be with the minimum lift height of forks.
4. It is considered unacceptable to use container (loading, unloading, displacement), if the temperature of the product or environmental temperature is below -25°C and above +60°C.
5. During any operations with the containers the presence of persons within the area of possible container fall is prohibited.
6. It is recommended to use container protection from atmospheric precipitation as well as to avoid direct sunlight.
7. To avoid the rupture of 2-slings container the maximum allowable distance between the loops when suspending shall not exceed 0.4 m.
Before loading of container it is necessary to perform thorough examination in order to detect:
- foreign object or residues of bulk materials;
- improper installation of polyethylene insert;
- other deviations.
Contact shall not have any contact with:
- sharp objects;
- corrosive substances of chemical origin.
1. Before filling container with bulk goods is necessary to put an insert and fill it with air (where polyethylene liner is available). Then container shall be hanged on the loader or loading equipment so that the bottom touched the platform on which the loading is performed, and only then to fix the insert in the neck section. Note that you shall not forget about the rules of bringing apart/together of slings.
2. When loading container with bulk products vibration shall be applied. This will allow to use container capacity to the maximum effect and to increase its firmness during the loading.
Approximate characteristics of vibrating equipment: amplitude of 1.2-2.0 mm, frequency of 10-50 Hz, vibration time - 1.5-2.0 minutes.
3. It is considered unacceptable to sharply fill the container with products, as well as to exceed the maximum load capacity indicator.
4. When container is loaded and removed, it is necessary to perform the sealing of the insert (if any). For this purpose, the neck section of insert is tightened up and tied up with the rope or adhesive tape in the bottom section, and then the end of the insert is folded over, both neck sections are tied up together and fixed in the inner part of container.
5. If there is a special pocket in the container, the supporting documents shall be placed in it.
1. Before loading and unloading of container you shall make sure that the mechanisms stated below are in good working order:
- loading elements of container;
- gripping mechanisms;
- lifting mechanisms.
2. You shall avoid loads upon container units and adhere to slinging rules in general.
3. It is necessary to move container with the loader at the minimum lift height of forks.
4. The speed of lifting up/down of container shall not exceed 0.2 m/s, provided that jerks and abrupt stop that may lead to wobbling and fall of container shall be avoided.
5. It is considered unacceptable to move container by means of pulling.
6. Short-term storage of containers in the warehouses and open areas is allowed. The latter shall have hard surface with the equipped water runoff and shall provide means for the loading/unloading of filled containers into mobile means of transport (vehicles, railway wagons, etc.).
7. During the storage of containers in the open area it is recommended to cover them with the tarpaulin or black polyethylene film. The reason for this is that, despite the presence of ultraviolet stabilizers in fabrics, the exposure of UV and visible light drastically affects the outer surface of container.
8. During the storage in the open area containers of the lowest raw filled with products shall be placed on pallets or wooden decks.
9. Stacking-up of containers shall be performed in close contact, keeping the vertical position. Starting from the 2-nd line containers shall be put with shifts that are equal to the half their diameter around the perimeter of the stack.
Stacking-up height of containers with goods depends on their type:
- Containers with a capacity of up to 1 m3 are stacked in four lines;
- Containers with a capacity of up to 1.5 m3 – up to 3 lines;
- Containers with a capacity of 2-3 m3 – in 1 line.
10. Stacks of containers shall be placed at a distance from each other to ensure the free passage of factory transportation means.
11. Dismantling of stack of containers is performed on the reverse principle of its formation.
12. During the heat supply period containers shall be placed at least 1 meter from heating elements.
13. During the sub-zero temperatures it is not recommended to place containers on the exposed surface or vehicle, as freezing-on and breakage of slings when lifting containers may happen.
Unloading of containers is generally performed in a gravitational way or by means of pneumatic transport.
1. Before unloading of container documents shall be removed from the special pocket (if any).
2. To fix the insert in order to avoid its entry into the storage bunker (if any) together with the goods.
3. To fix container with the slings to the loading elements.
4. To lift up and to move the container to the unloading place.
5. When unloading by means of bottom cutting, special knife, attached to the storage bunker or installed on the rod shall be used to avoid presence of human hands under container.
Unloading by means of unleashing of bottom discharge door is performed only in the fixed position of container on the supporting frame.
When unloading the container into the intake bunkers the operation personnel shall be on the windward side and shall observe the technical safety rules with the use of individual protection means.